Friday, May 9, 2014

Hospitalization instead of vacation

Last Friday, we're supposed to head to Subic Bay Freeport Zone and spend the weekend there with some family members.

However, due to severe headaches for the past weeks, I consulted a neurologist at the St. Luke's Medical Center in Quezon City instead.

The doctor suspected a hematoma in my brain as a delayed result of my bike accident last March 15.  He, then, advised for confinement for diagnostic examinations and, if necessary, operation to remove the hematoma.  So, the Subic trip was off; and, good bye vacation.

The CT Scan result showed no hematoma.  Good!  The doctor's suspicion was wrong.  Thus, the connection to the bike accident was ruled out.

However, it captured a lump in my naso pharynx.  An ENT entered the picture, who endoscopied my nose up to the naso pharynx.  A lump was confirmed.  The next move was biopsy.  And, the result would be out in one week.

Meantime, I requested for discharge; as, I've been confined for 5 days.  It's so boring in the hospital as a patient.


No comments:

Post a Comment