Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Fasting

It's about 11:00 PM; and, I'm eating my last snack, a Yumburger, for today.

For 8 to10 hours henceforth, I'm prohibited to eat or drink anything (even water).  It's called "fasting".  It's a prerequisite to my Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS) test, which is scheduled tomorrow morning.  I could only eat and drink after the blood sample has been extracted from my vein.

FBS test determines how much sugar one has in his blood.  The normal values are 70 - 110 mg/dl.  One has diabetes if the sugar level is more than 110 mg/dL (milligrams per deciliter).

My doctor found out about my diabetes; hence, she's now monitoring my blood sugar level.  She also prescribed diabetic drugs, which I'm taking religiously.

Tomorrow, I have to be at the hospital very early because of the long queue of patients at the Medical Laboratory.  Last time, I arrived at the Laboratory at around 6:30 AM and was served at around 8:00 AM.  I'll also bring lots of patience.

After the extraction, I'll eat first then proceed to the Diagnostic Center for my liver ultrasound.

I'm hoping for a good results.  Wish me good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment